So Peaky Blinders series 5 is back. Hooray! I binge watched all of the other series on Netflix last year & am excited about it’s return. It’s a good show but I love it because there is a lot of horses in it and Cillian Murphy rides through the old fashioned streets of Birmingham on horseback. It’s pretty badass!
Here are 10 reasons that you really should check out Peaky Blinders if you love horses. Move over Poldark Thomas Shelby is back!
1. Tommy Shelby riding through the streets of Birmingham. Bareback! It’s just so cool!
2. Sam Neil’s Irish accent. Not horse related but worth a mention. “It’s none of your concern”. I said that a lot. My Irish friends loved me!
3. Thomas Shelby’s race horses. Tommy owning race horses sees the Shelby Family go to numerous race courses around Britain, including Epsom, Worcester & Kempton. So there are even more horses in those episodes!
4. Thomas Selby’s racehorse trainer is a bad ass lady named May. At the time it was very unconventional to have a female race horse trainer, but come to think of it I can’t think of any today. Come on girls let’s get racing!
5. There is now a real racehorse named Thomas Shelby based in Australia. Not sure if they were inspired by Peaky Blinders perhaps?!
6. Tommy named his racehorse Grace’s Secret after his wife Grace.
7. Weird horse care tips. In one of the episodes they said to put goldfish in the horses water to stop them getting worms. Never tried & not planning on testing it out anytime soon.
8.The gypsy carriages are really cool. In series 4 we see the Shelby’s head to a gypsy camp to cremate two people. They are taken by horse & carriage and the carriages used are traditional gypsy carriages.
9. Atkinson Action Horses provided all the horses for Peaky Blinders. They also provide all the horses for Poldark and Elizabeth as well.
10. One more time! Thomas Shelby riding through the streets of Birmingham. Bareback! Even if you don’t fancy him it’s still pretty cool. Look at that horse!
** Putting it out there this post contains affiliate links. If you click through and purchase something at no extra cost to you I will receive a tiny bit of commission**
Other blogs you might just love
Copyright of Louise Dando and In Due Horse 2019.